“I have a tendency not only to see the best in everyone, but to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his highest potential. I have fallen in love more times than I care to count with the highest potential of a man, rather than with the man himself, and I have hung on to the relationship for a long time (sometimes far too long) waiting for the man to ascend to his own greatness. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism.”

Sunday, February 05, 2012

Here's a question (or two) for you

You know we, humans, are so weird creatures. Ever since we developed our brains and learned all about evolution we're having more and more questions that need to be answered or else. Undoubtedly, because of our curiosity, we have become the most intelligent and creative species (on this planet) but still we're making the same stupid, idiotic and moronic one might say, mistakes over and over and over again as centuries go by. From my point of view this doesn't show how intelligent we are, does it now? And this is where feelings come in. Damn you brain!
So my questions are these; how do you feel about having a friend with benefits and what if that friend is your ex? Ta daaaa.... I'm telling you, we might have been happier as apes.

2 comments:

  1. Make a friend. Keep a friend. (Even if that friend is your ex). This makes us not happier, but different from apes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can friendship exist when there is sex involved? Sex brings intimacy, intimacy brings complicated feelings. It's an endless circle from where I see it. Maybe we should all stop having sex and go live in a monastery in complete seclusion. Right...

    ReplyDelete

Hit me