“I have a tendency not only to see the best in everyone, but to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his highest potential. I have fallen in love more times than I care to count with the highest potential of a man, rather than with the man himself, and I have hung on to the relationship for a long time (sometimes far too long) waiting for the man to ascend to his own greatness. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism.”

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

C'est chic

I have never visited Paris. I imagine it to be so chic and elegant. People looking after the way they look, the way they talk and even the way they sit. Drinking coffee in the small neighborhood cafes with its tables and chairs on the pavement where one can sit and chat with a friend about what's going on with their lives. The sun caressing them and all you can hear is laughter and all you can see is smiles. No cars, no annoying noises, no yelling.
It's like a dream picture in my head. In a different era probably. I imagine even flirting happens in a different way in Paris. In a more classy and romantic way. I wouldn't mind living there for a year or two and see how life goes on in that part of the world.
I don't mind living in Switzerland either. Things are different there. Class and elegance of course exist but so does a lot of wealth. On my mind, Switzerland is full of wealthy bankers and very influential people all smoking cigars. Every important person in the world has a bank account in Switzerland* and of course they spend their winter vacations in the Alps in a beautiful chalet with a fireplace. Peaceful lakes and beautiful rivers passing in front of your house and not one piece of garbage on the streets. Life is for the ones having the money to spend it right. And life is short and we only get to live it once. And that kinda sucks! What would I do if I had another life to live? That's another thing to talk about. But I sure as hell would have made things differently.

*Historically in Switzerland a minimum of Francs 1 million was required to open an account in a private bank, however, over the last years many of them have lowered their entry hurdles to Francs 250,000 for private investors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me