“I have a tendency not only to see the best in everyone, but to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his highest potential. I have fallen in love more times than I care to count with the highest potential of a man, rather than with the man himself, and I have hung on to the relationship for a long time (sometimes far too long) waiting for the man to ascend to his own greatness. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism.”

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Xmas time!.!.!.!

Yup that time has come.... I bet you all stormed out of your houses, storm coming or not, snowing or not and just filled those Christmas stockings up! Right? That was the best thing to do. I didn't. So this year's holiday is kinda black for me and filled with misery but no worries, I do try and hide these negative feelings deep inside. For the sake of all of us. And since I'm not telling anyone, thank god I have my blog for this!
But the truth is that I do love Christmas time. I do feel all warm inside, I'm no Satan's child or whatever. I do feel the love and I do love Christmas lights and whatever else is there on this holiday. The only think I don't like is that this is all about one person. And that is why I choose to ignore everything involving him.
Which I can't do with the entire family coming over for lunch tomorrow.... Oh boy.... I can't begin to explain and analyze the nature of our dialogue, the noise, the complaints, the "you never call to see how I am doing but never mind I was no near your entire childhood" attitude, the fact that I have to endure all this and not say a word cause we're family, the cleaning up afterwards..... I'm mentioning the cleaning up cause we eat a lot and we're quite a few. Cause we're Greeks. And when we say "family is coming over for lunch" that doesn't signify 4 or 5 persons nor 4 or 5 plates. So let it be and Merry Christmas to all of us!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me