“I have a tendency not only to see the best in everyone, but to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his highest potential. I have fallen in love more times than I care to count with the highest potential of a man, rather than with the man himself, and I have hung on to the relationship for a long time (sometimes far too long) waiting for the man to ascend to his own greatness. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism.”

Thursday, December 29, 2011

To be continued...

New Year's eve in 2 days, New Year in 3!

It's been 5 days since my last post, since Christmas eve and since I found out that dictionary has god with no capital G and Satan with capital S.
Anyway Christmas lunch went well or as expected. People making noise altogether, eating from the food which is not ready or served yet cause we just can't wait a bit, walking around the sitting room and dining room. When the food was ready, it disappeared in like 15 minutes. Desserts in 3. I'm  not complaining, everything went as expected as I already said but I'm surprised every year. Let's not  talk about the dishes...
I had a good time too though. Just not that particular day. But I went out the same night and it was fun. A couple of friends, not in the same haunt we go every time, nice music, alcohol, conversation. That happened yesterday also and it was even better. It's nice to get to know new people that you are able to talk with. People who have the maturity to get involved into a conversation and actually talk. Pretty nice.
But I think that I need to get out of this place sometime soon or not. It's not gonna be soon because there are no money to do so, but I really really need to meet people. To get out for a walk and see strangers, to meet someone and talk or get a cup of coffee. When I go out of my house, I meet the people I already know for years, we go to the same places over and over again and say pretty much the same things every time. No progress, no evolution. That is the worst thing that can happen when you are living in a small place, or even worse on an island where the only way you can get out is by plane or ship.
I wish I could take my car and just drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me